Large Format Print & Finishing in Essex
Welcome to Kaps Finishing, a family run business with over 50 years experience in the print industry, we offer a professional service that really is second to none.
From fully automatic B1 die cutting on our Bobst to re-moist glueing on our Stahl mailing line, from a single wiro bound book to a multi million mail pack campaign, we are able to cover every aspect of the finishing industry.
We aim to provide our clients with the quality they have come to expect, at prices that are hard to beat.
Kaps Finishing has been established for over 12 years and as well as being one of the countries most diverse and reliable companies, we have gained a strong reputation for being the company to go to for projects that, quite frankly, no-one else can do. Our customer base, which stretches from Scotland to France is testament to that fact.
Whether it’s the tightest of deadlines or seemingly impossible projects, we will endeavour to find a way to get the job done, on time and under budget.
We are able to do this mainly due to our team of highly skilled, dedicated and experienced staff but also because we look to automate operations where others can’t. Couple these attributes with 24 hours, 7 days a week opening and and over 10,000 sq. ft. of space you begin to see why our clients come back time and time again.
Here at Kaps we are continually looking for ways to improve and have invested heavily towards this. From our specialised machinery such as automatic stripping for our B1 Bobst, 12 station collating machine and mechanically tipping on cards, sachets, CD’s etc, to setting up our first apprentice scheme.
Our Print & Finishing Services
We have over 50 years experience in the printing industry and are therefore able to offer you advice and knowledge that is second to none.
Our services include;
- Large Format Printing
- Bottle neck collars, pillow packs, food packaging etc.
- One piece mailers: from a simple 4pp to the most complex maltese cross
- Tipping on credit cards, sachets, magnets even a single plaster has been done
- Automatic flat bed collating. 12 stations A6 to A3
- Hot & cold glue - fugitive (low-tack) and permanent: Up to 12 lines in one pass
- Automatic double sided tape application. 2 x heads with pattern control personalisation: wax and liquid Inks, we can print on coated, un-coated, even plastics
- Fully automatic Bobst B1 die cutting with stripping facility (8,000 Sheets per hour)
- Re-moist gluing: 6 robatech heads, with pattern control
- White paper samples service: free of charge for your convenience
- Stop start perfing/creasing
- Flat/Capacity/Gusset Folder make-up (all intricate handwork undertaken)
- Fully automatic shrink-wrapping
- Semi-automatic Wiro Binding
B1 Bobst Die Cutting
Click here to find out more about our die cutting service.
Wiro binding your documents
At Kaps we have two wiro binding machines Grafisher semi-automatic wiro binder and a James Burn semi-automatic wiro punch.
Click here to find out more about our Wiro binding services.
Our Print & Finishing Equipment
Yotta YD-F2513R5 Digital UV Flatbed Printer
- Maximun print size of 2500mm × 1300mm (8′ × 4′), print thickness of 100mm.
- Wide applications and high print resolution of 600 × 2400 DPI.
- Print C, M, Y, K
Roland TrueVIS VG-540
- Type: Eco-Solvent Printer/Cutter
- Ink: Roland TrueVIS TR Ink
- Media width: 54 inch
- Max Speed: 32 sm/hr
Large Format Printing
- Outdoor Graphics
- Indoor Graphics
- Exhibitions & Events
- Retail & POS
- Advertising Hoardings
- Site Survey & Installation
- With versa folder, perf & crease unit, final fold, bump ‘n’ turn, and dial-a-feed:
- Wallets, maltese crosses, cartons, food packaging, pillow packs, conical folding, bottle collars etc.
- 2 x Automatic in-line double sided tape applicators:
- Envelope taping, wallets, calendars etc.
- Schneider Senator 115cm
- Polar 115cm with flow line
- Muller Martini 6 station with cover feeder
- opti-post sealed books facility
- Vickers Armstrong Saddle Stitcher
- Endorse folding, personalisation, tip-on, numbering all produced in line.
- Buskro Ink Jet System.
- 2×1” heads: Names and addresses, PPI’s etc.
- Runs in line on folders or muller.
Bell & Howell Phillipsburg Encloser: 6 stations up to C4.
Our Hand Finishing includes drilling, binder fulfilment, hand collating, hand folding, glue dotting, velcro dotting, chrome studs, taping, mail-sorting, stitching, eye-letting, padding, paper banding and much more. Please contact us with your specific job requirements.
- 12 Station fully automatic flat bed Setmaster A6 to A3
- MBO T79
- MBO T69
- MBO T72
- Up to 6up working, miniature folding and all folders complete with gluing rollers
- Fully Automatic B1 flatbed SBL (Bobst) with stripping facility. Up to 8,000 B1 sheets per hour
- B1 Heidelberg Cylinder
- Belca fully automatic shrink wrapper with in line tunnel.
- Up to 2,500 packs per hour
- 2 x Hunkeler mailing tables
- Stahl B1 vacuum table
- Stahl TD78 re-moist table with stop/start perf & crease
- Stahl TD66 re-moist table
- Longford tip-on (cards, sachets, CD’s etc)
- Stream Feeder
- One piece mailers, maltese crosses, re-moist gum
- Robatech re-moist (4 tanks)
- Robatech cold peelable (8 heads)
- Robatech hot peelable (6 heads)
- Robatech cold permanent (8 heads)
- Robatech hot permanent (6 heads)
- Horse shoe re-moist, impact glueing, bang tails and spine glueing all possible